Christ Church began with five couples sitting around a living room with two desires: (1) the desire to see Christ make a real difference in people’s lives, and (2) the desire to see the church make a real difference in their city and the world.
The first official worship service was on Sunday, September 1, 2002 in the lobby of Austin Community College’s Cedar Park Campus where Paul Kemp (our lead and founding pastor) gathered with 40 people to worship.
On Sunday, December 22, 2004, Christ Church moved from the lobby of Austin Community College to a rented facility in the Railyard shopping center.
In January of 2006, Christ Church started a Saturday night service in Lago Vista in addition to the two Sunday morning services in Cedar Park. Many of the founding families of Christ Church lived in Lago Vista and had a desire to see a church like Christ Church established in their community. In the early Fall of 2006, the Lago Vista congregation launched as an independent church, North Lake Bible Church, with over 35 families from the Cedar Park Campus.
After the launch of North Lake, the leadership of Christ Church turned their attention to the search of a future home for the life and ministry of the church. In the spring of 2007, Christ Church secured 21 acres on Parmer Lane from Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
In January of 2008, Christ Church began meeting for worship in the Cinemark movie theater inside the 1890 Ranch shopping center and in 2010 moved to Ronald Reagan as we prepare to build on the Parmer property.
In December of 2017, Christ Church held their first services inside their new ministry facility located at 201 Church Park Road.