Every Thursday, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
The Theology Cohort is designed to enhance your skill in reading, interpreting and applying Scripture, so that you grow to know and love Christ, are transformed by His grace, and are actively pursuing His purposes in your family, the church and the world.
- SEMESTER ONE: BIBLICAL THEOLOGY | Learning How to Read the Bible
Duvall, J. Scott, and J. Daniel Hays. Living God’s Word: Discovering Our Place in the Great Story of Scripture. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012.
- SEMESTER TWO: BIBLE STUDY METHODS | Learning How to Study the Bible
Duvall, J. Scott, and J. Daniel Hays. Grasping God’s Word: A Hands-On Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible. Third Edition. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012.
- SEMESTER THREE: SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY | Learning the Major Doctrines of the Bible
Horton, Michael. Pilgrim Theology: Core Doctrines for Christian Disciples. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012.
GOALS FOR THIS SEMESTER
- Learn the narrative arc of Scripture and how each part and whole find their ultimate meaning in Christ.
- Cultivate the habit of reading the Bible in order to grow in your love and knowledge of Christ.